Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Coming back soon

Sorry for no updates and lack of communication.

In a nutshell: My Mom broke her neck last month, I had several insane deadlines and projects going on at the same time, my Dad dropped in for a visit, then my wife's Mom went into the hospital for a routine operation - things happened, and now she's spending the week, and in the middle of all that my hard drive had a senior moment and forgot it's operating system.

It took me some time to recover, and then it happened again... I bought a new hard drive and went through the process only to have more things go wrong.

Anyhow - I think my system is rebuilt to where it was prior to when it 'sneezed'. Does that mean it's fixed. Not really. I'm having some real problems with my USB device driver - and I might need to see about upgrading some hardware really - really soon.

Well, now that some of this dust seems to be settling, maybe I can start putting some junk on line again from what now seems like last year.

Again... I should be back now...

knock on wood.

rjf

4 Comments:

Blogger BJ the gruntled said...

Rich,

I know you're a youngun' (compared to us old farts), but I seem to remember when "they" used to tell us how computers were going to make our lives soooooo much easier.

Make mine analog , thank you.

BJ

5:51 PM  
Blogger BJ the gruntled said...

Rabb,

The wife is probably going to get a new Mac one of these days. Her old LC III just isn't cuttin' it anymore.

I just picked up a new Dell, and so far XP seems to be light years beyond my old Windows 98SE box. Time will tell.

I'm only an old fart when it comes to trying to relate to today's pop culture. Kids these days don't realize just how mediocre most bands are today. Mainstream radio is such a vast wasteland of commerciality that it's barely listenable. That's why outlets like WXCI and IRH are so vital today.

Oh.....and Rich......( this thread was originally about Rich).....hope your Mom is doing a lot better!

6:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey everyone - while Rich helps his Mom recuperate I have no way of really getting this message out other than here.

The machine that houses the WXCI Alumni forum is being repurposed temporarily to run Internet Radio Hawai'i's Music system due to a hard drive failure with one of my 12" Apple iBook G4's. It is a nightmare to take apart myself and I am going to let Apple take care of it but they might have to ship it to Apple in California to do it. So....the music must not falter...

I will eventually resurrect the site but with a newer system.

Thanks

Rabbett

9:29 PM  
Blogger BJ the gruntled said...

Rabb,

Gee, you mean hard drive failures occur in the Mac world too? So much for their staggering invincibility.

Just kidding....stuff happens.

I keep checking back here and see nothing new....I guess Rich is busy. That's ok by me, since taking care of family is a lot more important than posting pictures of the back of my head LOL.

Rich, just to let you know..... we're still out here, and looking forward to the day you can return.

7:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home