Friday, March 02, 2007

Message from Bruce Anderson

Well, it was an honor and privilege to represent the original XCI air staff at alumni day. It was nice to meet Justin and some of the current folks who so graciously lent us the airwaves for the day and it's always great to see Hugh (someone close to my own age!).

My shift went well I guess. I found out early that it's a good idea to turn the mike ON prior to speaking. But that may have been the only glitch. Most of the segues were as smooth as they were 34+ years ago and it was fun to mix some of the old stuff (Beatles, Byrds, Batdorf & Rodney, Moby Grape) with more contemporary tunes (The Contrast, Whiskey town, Cotton Mather). Like Hugh says, "It's as easy as falling off a bike."

I also had a chance to listen to some of the other shows on the ride up and back. Baker still has a gift for the microphone and Stephan did a great job with "3rd Stone."

In all it was alot of fun & I'm looking forward to seeing all for the 35th.

Bruce Anderson
Life '73

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home