Saturday, October 01, 2005

Listener Mail


In 1998 WXCI had it's 25th anniversary party. Given the effort it took, and the fact the station is student-run (COLLEGE STUDENT RUN), it's amazing so much was done and so many allumni were able to take part in the festivities.

Mind boggling... given the amount of head-anus penetration that happens at institutions of higher learning concerning historical issues that concern students... That never happens... does it?

Well it did this time... so in honor of the event I started a silly little geocities page:

http://www.geocities.com/xci_realitybreak/wxci/wxci80.html

Since then (seven years ago), I get an email or note every other month from someone who was part of WXCI or listened to the station in the 80's and 90's. I guess my humble little site is rare...

but it's got... (at this time) would you believe... 3753 unique hits? Yeah, I know that's not a lot... but it's an unpromoted... backwater... geocities page piggy backing on another geocities page that refers to a comedy show that isn't actively on the air...

I think that's pretty good!!!

So... with the permission of some of the folks, I'll print their letters and talk about more stuff... I've also got a ton of old airchecks from the 80's... maybe I'll post them if it doesn't violate too many weird copyright issues.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home