Friday, January 22, 2010

WXCI's 37th


There's been a lot of buzz about WXCI's 37th anniversary.

At this time we're still waiting to hear the details.

In an earlier post I assumed (with geometric logic and dead reckoning) it would be held on the 20th  of February.

Unfortunately I forgot I posted that for MONTHS.

In the meantime the aforementioned post triumphantly proclaimed the day with wanton abandon (in a sort of innocent school-girl way.

It is now my sad duty to caution you - that the date is not yet  confirmed by the station or 'management' and I must admit there was a bit more Nostradamus, than authority in that post.

Now don't panic... It may well be on the 20th.   I just don't know for sure.


But - I can assure you with 100% certainty that as soon as I hear the actual details I will post them here AND on facebook so that we can all firm up our plans to celebrate 37 years of independent - non-commercial - cooler than [insert noun] - broadcasting on Danbury's best college radio station ever.

1 Comments:

Blogger Landau, Luckman, and Lake said...

I lived in Rockland County in the early 90s and picked up WXCI on good days. Man, that was the best thing on the radio dial.
WXCI introduced me to so much more than the crap I listened to regularly. WXCI introduced me to a variety of music that makes up my eclectic taste now. I'm talking about death metal, different rap acts, alternative hip hop, Butthole Surfers—I can go on and on. Thanks for the fond memories and I hope you have many, many more anniversaries.

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home