Sunday, February 05, 2006

HELP help h e l p

Attention... Attention...









I have just done something extremely foolish and signed up for the 10 pm slot.

Bill Baker, if you're out there, we haven't been in touch for a couple of years, but if you'd like some company for the 8 pm, or would like to return to help me out at 10, or both, I would be thrilled.

On the other hand, if Dave Nanavaty is within the sound of my voice, I'd love to have him come by and we could have a Two of the Three Swell Guys Reunion. This would not be quite as emotional as a Beatles reunion, since Rabbett isn't dead, he's just in Hawaii, but still...

And of course, if Greg Wencek wants to hang around, I'd be happy to have him as well.

Any other long-lost cohorts out there? Tim Herbert? Bill Reinheimer? Glenn Bisogno? That guy whose name I can't remember? That other guy whose name I can't remember? Somebody whose name I can remember but who I know is dead, so what's the point?

And what about you, BeeJay?

I don't see your name on the schedule!

--Rasputin

2 Comments:

Blogger BJ the gruntled said...

Hi Jeff!

Yeah, my name's not on the list for a reason. I really don't feel an overpowering need to inflict myself on the radio public anymore.

Plus I'd hate to commit to a slot and then not be able to make it because of weather. The evening slots are pretty full, and those are the only ones I'd be able to make....my day job prevents me from making it for the afternoon.

I know, excuses, excuses.

I had a really good time doing some air time back during the 25th anniversary, and I'm content to leave it at that. My ego has been sated. There were several times when I felt I was doing my "last show" back in my heyday at WXCI. I even made each show a celebration.
I think doing 6 or 7 "last shows" is quite enough, don't you?

I'll try to get in touch with Nanavaty using that primitive communication device known as the telephone....and not a cellular one at that. It would be great to have the "swell guys" back together.
Maybe Rabbett could call in during your shift?

If I do make it up there, I'll be around in the evening, and would be available to make rude background noises and dispel any half-truths that Tom Zarecki might try to propigate..heh heh.
Otherwise I'd be happy just to hang and answer any questions the young folk might have about the old days. Try not to eat all the cookies before I get there.

3:10 PM  
Blogger Donuts and Coffee said...

Rabbett,

I have asked Pam, (WXCI PD), for information about phone/SKYPE connection for any/all of the shows. TomZ is planning a talk with past members like the 25th annivesary show. It is scheduled for 5PM eastern time. As the details of the call-in portion become available I will forward then here and I'll mail you directly!
-Gregory Wencek

6:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home