Monday, August 08, 2011

Listener Mail...

 Jesse  writes:


Hi –

Back in the late 80’s, I used to listen to XCI every day – the only radio station besides WLIR that wasn’t playing top 40. But now I can’t remember the songs you used to play. (Though I did track down Shriekback’s “Nemesis”, which made me smile.)
 
Does anyone have a list – even a partial list – of the music played during that time?
 
Thanks very much!
 
Jesse
I told Jesse that the now defunct wxci80's geocities page had a unified playlist that I compiled from notes I made during shows from '87 to '92 or so.  I think I have the html somewhere on an old harddrive... so now I just need to find a place to post it.  Or post your top 25 XCI tunes or albums from your time there in the comments.

4 Comments:

Blogger stephie said...

The Echo used to publish the top ten list, You may be able to track down through them. Also, you probably did this already...but see if it was saved in the archive http://www.archive.org/web/geocities.php

good luck.

7:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some Top 100 lists for WXCI of yore can be found here:

http://yukon4.com/top100.html

11:25 AM  
Blogger Corina said...

www.spiritlessons.com

4:22 PM  
Anonymous sam said...

you can find the list by searching the google.

2:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home