Thursday, December 15, 2005

New sounds from our past!

Gregory Wencek has sent in the following MP3s:

1. Morning "Alex Crane Show" drop-ins

2. A Station promo

3. Legal ID news sounder

He says: I am not sure of who recorded this stuff but my guess is: The Alex Crane show (Dennis Boskello in real life) stuff was recorded by BJ Burgess circa 1974 The Station promo produced by Rasputin circa 1978 I know that the News Sounder is Bob Kost circa 1978.

I have more, just no time to copy from tape. These floated to the top and I was able to find a cart machine to dub them. Fair quality, for 30 year old tape, on carts compressed to within an inch of their lives for transmission.

Thank you for your work with this site, and the others.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Gregory Wencek

WXCI 1973 - 1978ish

Look for them on the podcast soon!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did he say he had a CART MACHINE???? And I thought I had weird junk lying around my house...

1:12 PM  
Blogger Donuts and Coffee said...

Yes I said Cart machine. Not that wierd though as I borrowed it from a guy at work. I own everything else, (says my wife), but not a cart machine.

To me everything in my side of the garage is a theater prop.

1:38 PM  
Blogger BJ the gruntled said...

Greg,

I may have done Petey on Dennis' morning show from time to time, but I wasn't responsible for getting any of it on tape. I was usually just stuck in the news booth clowning around.
More than likely it was Dennis himself who did the taping.

I never thought in a million years that our spur of the moment antics would be recalled some 30 years later.Kind of embarrassing, if you must know....

7:10 PM  
Blogger Jeff M. said...

Greg,
I don't know which station promo you're referring to -- don't think it's been added to the podcast as yet -- but for me to have produced it, it would have to have been no later than '76.

I think the hours I kept then and the hours I keep now haven't changed all that much. To be honest, I was never all that sure we HAD a morning show...
Rasputin

9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home