Wednesday, December 07, 2005

WXCI's all new, original, better smelling Reality Break


I'm putting another thing on the podcast tonight. It goes up in about 2 hours. It's a change from the last, emotionally charged piece I put up.

What I did was grab a source tape at random, digitized it and out came this "Bartenders and Television" piece. Instead of isolating the skit, like I would have done for the original show - I incorporated some of our pre-scetch banter into the piece. What you'll hear is how we warmed up to do the sketches... none of it was ever intended to air, and after a decade and a half, it actually isn't too painful to listen to... really. Well... you tell me... They were originally part of one or more shows that were produced in 1990... or maybe as late as 1991.

The Reality Break, as it aired on WXCI was a half hour program featuring comedy. It was conceived, written and performed by myself, Louis Wahl and Micheal Wright. It aired album comedy, music and original sketch material.

After I graduated in 1991, Lori Mott carried the torch for a few months or a year or so, and then it disappeared. Shortly after our 25th reunion, I contacted some station members, and after a few years of collaborating on long distance production, they were kind enough to give me a timeslot on Wednesdays at midnight. The Reality Break Mark II aired from March 2000 to Sept 2001. I don't know if they still air a Reality Break or two, but they could with automation...

Maybe I'll have another talk with the staff... hmmmm

Meantime you can hear some on line. I'm afraid I'll probably post some more.

Rich Frohlich

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home