Friday, June 15, 2007

Anyone up for something a little different?

My experience at the Public Radio Talent Quest has introduced me to one more version of online social networking.

I know... we're doomed




Rather than something completely public, it's a bit more private and certainly more "face to face" (or as much as you can get on line). Rather than everything going through ME and a few of the other folks on here each person would have their own page. They'd have a few places to post things - photos - audio - video all sorts of junk like that as well as similar things on the main part of the site.

I'm not looking to kill the blog, but this would be in addition to this site - it's by invitation (as a member you can also invite other folks without going through me)

Anyhow, this is what I'm looking at.

NING.COM

If there's a general interest - I'll start it up and invite everyone I have on the WXCI email contact list. It might be good to start as we gear up for #35.

Like anything, we get out what we put in, but in the case of NING - it's more equal - as any member can carry on discussions or post things - even if the guy who started it all falls asleep for a few months.

What do you say? (and if this were NING - you would see your post under this... it wouldn't be in another window... or you could reply with a picture like this:

3 Comments:

Blogger Rich said...

Oh yeah... and it's kind of addicting...

a bit...

9:42 AM  
Blogger Donuts and Coffee said...

I have heard good things about this site. They were mentioned on TWIT.tv in this week's program. I would 'join' in order to stay in touch.

And there is also the Frappr map at http://www.frappr.com/wxcialumni.

8:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and have you considered http://jaiku.com/?

8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home