Monday, October 03, 2005

Message from Hugh

It looks like you have to read this blog daily, or there's no catching up. I'll see if I can get you the rest of the list of life members.

There is an updated version of the WXCI web site, but for some reason, it hasn't gone live yet.



So something from me for the blog?

Rabbett's site is still around, as is Rabbett. We had lunch in August in Honolulu, where my wife and I had gone to deal with one of those decade birthdays. Rabbett will probably read this so let me say mahalo to him. It's Hawaiian for "I'll buy next time." Rabbett's healthy, happy, and looks better than he did at the 25th party. If you get to Oahu, let him know you're coming, and don't wait until your last day to meet him for a beer.

I saw the Goldsens at Commencement in May, and they too are happy and healthy, and I expect getting used to an empty nest. Bruce received the University's Distinguished Alumnus award, and in his address to the graduates had very nice things to say about the WXCI experience, and embarrassingly kind words about me. Sue trumped it all though by establishing a scholarship to celebrate the award.

Tom Zarecki was also at commencement as a member of the faculty of the Business School, and we got a chance o chat briefly. Tom's day job is also related to radio. He's explained it to me six times, and all I remember is that it has something to do with software.

Jackie Quinn sent me a note about a year ago, when she thought I had retired. I hadn't but it was great to hear from her.

I think about retiring now and then (usually half way through stack of student papers written by people who use words that sound like the word they really mean), but I'm still having fun, and this year's crop of students is a fine one. We have a wonderful Dean in Arts and Sciences, and a new President who is a real human being. He's the one who chose Bruce for the Alumni Award. It's a nice place to work right
now, so I'll stay until the fun is gone.

--Hugh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home