Monday, October 03, 2005

Message from Randy

I heard from Randy a while back. We shot an email back and forth for a bit to catch up, and he said I could post his reply:

I too am unable to escape the pathetic clutches of Radio. I'm in Production (where I've always liked it best) for an ESPN affiliate in Denver (560am KLZ). It's kind of a neat position I've found. As a writer I work with the Sales team, going out on sales calls, presentations, service meetings etc. Then I come back, write and produce their spots. I do most of our imaging too. I never left Colorado. Did local radio in Vail for years...mornings, afternoons, PD, MD, Production, you name it I did it. Even climbed the tower a few times. I moved to the Denver area in '99,
divorced in 2000, remarried in 02, with 2 kids (one from each wife), a 8 year old baseball player, and a 2 year old future nun ;) Zack and Sofie.

...I've heard of Texas Radio Theater... I assume you're in Texas (?).
I found your XCI Alumni page... that was fun to explore.

I heard from Steve Kokaska (sp?) aka Kirk Michaels about a year ago. He was still at WDAQ at the time, and keeping busy with his Mobile DJ business (I have my own DJ Biz on the side as well). I read somewhere that Troy (Boy Troy) Smith had written a book about Kurt Cobain (found it at Borders recently). Recently I read that Troy was back on Cape Cod. Years ago I'd heard that Darryl Ohrt and Scott Brunjes (XCI Alum) had gone into a marketing venture with Jeff Juliard (a Brookfield High friend).

A few years back I worked for a company in Denver that provided Internet Radio Stations to client's websites.Lycos, iVillage.com for instance. After I was there for a couple of months, they hired a new guy to head up the technical end of the company. Turned out to be ANOTHER Brookfield native, and by "Proxy", a WXCI alum!! Remember John Patti? He used to help out Bill Baker's Morning Sickness back in the middle 80's (still one of the best morning shows I've ever heard). The company went out of business, but I hear that John is still here in town someplace. A great guy, we used to leave work early and go night skiing up at Keystone (no wonder the company folded).

I hear that Pete Partenio is still alive. That's kind of a relief really. He's engineering i-95 (?). I've got some GREAT stories about that guy, but I'll keep them to myself for now.

Other than that, I've lost track of nearly everybody!

Randy Frongillo
Writer/Producer
Z560 ESPN Radio
2150 W. 29th Avenue, suite 300
Denver, CO 80211


I heard that there are patters of little Pete or Petes running around somewhere too... -Rich

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home