Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Airchecks...

I've still got a few. More than a few. The only trouble is - they're all me and my own shows.

I wish I had a chance to tape some of the other DJs who were on the air during my time at XCI - I listened to the station a bunch, too (I knew some DJs who never listened to XCI... they just did their show and left) - I listened to the station whenever it was on, but as far as recording it - I was selfish.

Each week in between shifts, I'd listen to the cassette and try to remember what worked and what stunk... I guess I was trying to improve. I don't know how good it worked, and it still boggles my mind how I ended up with a 2'x2' box of 'em, (or more) 18 hundred years later...

And then there's the big question of how a college student, working part time at the Ethan Allen Inn or B Dalton Booksellers or the Ruth Haas Library (and various other menial jobs) could I afford to buy so many freakin' cassettes??

Ponderous... freakin' ponderous.

Hey... I wonder what airchecks are on now-a-days... can you plug an ipod or minidisc recorder into the board mix now? Can you capture an mp3 and put it on a memory stick or just burn a CD when the show's over? I guess the possibilites are endless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home