Sunday, October 23, 2005

Message from Bill Baker

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. I JUST got out of prison and YOUR e-mail was my first priority.

I have really enjoyed looking at the WXCI blog. Thanks for taking the time to do it.

Some random comments:

1. Thank you Pam Meister, Rich and Randy Frongillo for the nice compliments. I too was a big fan of me and to this day I have never heard anyone quite like me.

2. To the person who spilled coffee because of me: I wish I knew your name so I could apologize more personally. I have NO recollection of that incident whatsoever, but I have to say - when you play with fire, sometimes you get burned. Hot beverages and walking: They did not mix well in the 80s and they are still a dangerous game here in the 21st century. (It appears that the Internet can not solve ALL our problems.)

3. Rich - I remember the McDLT prediction. Boy - that sure was prescient on my part. If only I had put my money where my mouth was and shorted McDonald's stock. Fourteen years later the dot.com bubble burst, the market tanked and I could be living on my private island.

4. The song debut I DO remember, but it was not Skinny Puppy (after my time) or Sonic Youth. It was actually The Jesus and Mary Chain and it was the vacuum cleaner. GOD I hated that band.

5. Randy - you stiffed me on the secret Santa thing when we were working together at WINE, not WXCI, so I hardly think that THIS is the proper forum for dredging up your anti-Semitic feelings toward me.

6. Hey Hugh - if you insist of sending around photos of me with long hair and aviator frame glasses, keep in mind I still have the negatives from the1983 CMJ convention when you and your buddy Johnny Walker stumbled your way through a night of debauchery in the West Village, back when the West Village was the West Village and long before it was poisoned with red-state testosterone from people like Russell Crowe and Rupert Murdoch.

I hope this finds everyone well.

Best,

Bill

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

6. Actually Scott Brunjes sent the picture to several people. I just made it available to the masses. I've never been to a CMJ convention--It was IBS, and it was Lincoln Center, not the Village.

I'll see if I can fins an old picture of me--fair's fair.

8:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to hear from you, Bill. You definitely are your own greatest fan! ;-)

7:52 PM  
Blogger Jeff M. said...

Bill! I was wondering when you'd turn up. I recently saw a "Bill Baker" from some godforsaken place in the American southwest had signed some forgettable left-wing Internet petition that I also signed, but I figured, "Naw, it can't be THAT Bill Baker!" Especially since you can't have Internet privileges in prison.

Or CAN you?

7:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Which Jeff is this? Morris?

Generally speaking, I do not sign Internet petitions unles they involve a lot of people around the world raising money for... me.

Otherwise, count me out.

9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home