Monday, October 03, 2005

Message from Paul Yurt

Paul Yurt here.

I was Chief Engineer from 1975 some time to 1980ish. During my term we built the control room and production studios which operated for years 1976 -1980+, actually I am not sure when they were replaced, maybe when the facility moved.

I used to spend many of my hours keeping all the technical details togetherwhen not doing a night rock show. I also did some Saturday mornings. I have pictures somewhere as well, mostlyin some yearbooks. Do you want to post them somewhere?
After XCI I traveled in India for about 5 months and then got a job for Neve (a manufacturer of professional recording systems) and worked in many Recording Studios such as Hit Factory, Electric Lady Studios, CBS Records,Sterling Sound, Masterdisk and others and also worked in Post Facilities such as CBS TV, NBC TV, Saturday Night Live Studios, A&R Recording, and thelike. I got the jobs because of my technical background at XCI which give me great grounding for the practical work of those facilities.

There is more but I need to run for now.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeff M. said...

Paul,
A couple of weeks ago, I came across a previously unopened box in a previously unopened closet. After opening both for the first time in many years, I found a note that reminded me it was YOUR girlfriend at the time, Carol, who got me my first job. Unfortunately, it was at Fayva Shoes, but still...it was a job. (She was working there as a cashier/stock clerk, and recommended me for their assistant manager training program. They hired me -- which showed just how desperate they were.) Anyway, if you've completely forgotten about her, I just want you to know that I haven't. Even if you've completely forgotten about me, which is entirely possible. (I think that as Training Director, I may have even "trained" you, or at least, gotten out of your way...)
Jeff Morris

6:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jeff
I just found this note from you, maybe from last year? I do not remember putting this note up at all.

I remember Fayva and Carol very well. We still talk now and then. Where are you these days? You still in Radio at all? Did you go to the big XCI reunion last year?

9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home