Sunday, October 23, 2005

A message from Bruce Anderson

I was allerted to this project by Evans "ET" Travis. I love what you're doing here and thought I'd throw in my 3 cents.

Been pretty busy since we all last met (has it been 8 years already?). Life's been good; life's been bad but we're all hanging in there. I've got a total of 29 years at the old PO and am eligible to retire next November. I was just reelected to my second term as Secretary for Branch 147 of the National Association of Letter Carriers and I write for and coedit (along with Brian Burgess) our union newsletter "The Owl." So, I may stick around for a while.

I loved the discussion on the first song Rabbet played in '73. I'll bet it something by the Eagles. I had just gotten out of "Intro to Critical Methods" and was headed from White Hall to the Student Union for some lunch when Pete Ochs and ET flew by with news of The Telegram. After that I don't remember if I was in the control room or the outer office when Rabb signed on. There was a lot of excitement in the air. I was the last of the regular air staff to do a shift and I signed on with Moby Grape's "Omaha." (The first receord I ever played on WSCT was Eric Clapton's "Let it Rain" in the fall of 1970).

I was only on the FM dial for a couple of months but I enjoyed my days at XCI. It was a great place to hang out and listen to some good music.

Bruce Anderson
Life Member 1973

P.S. Bob Mallery was in the Air Force

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home